Thursday, November 14, 2013

He'enalu doing Vasisthasana




While performing this posture, I felt extremely calm and in tune with my entire body once I initiated every body part I was using.  I noticed that my wrist, arm and shoulder were working hard to hold my weight.  The core also gets a good workout from keeping it tight so that your body doesn't fall out of alignment.  The thighs, legs, belly and spine are necessary to correctly do the posture.  Everything must be tight and remember to keep breathing so you can send the breath to every part of the body.  To do this pose, you must start in downward facing dog and then place your left foot on top of your right foot, while placing your left hand on your hip and turning to the left side.  Next, find your center of balance, reach your right hand in the air and try to keep it in line with your left hand.  Finally, BREATHE!  You must send the breath to your feet and push into the earth to keep everything in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment